We make banking easy and convenient by providing you with a variety of services that allow you to access and manage your money from almost anywhere. Make withdrawals and deposits day or night with our ATMs; manage your account by phone (24 hours a day, seven days a week) with Teleservice telephone banking or MemberDirect® on-line banking.
Have your cheques directly deposited, pay your utility bills through TelPay or online banking, and even set up an automatic transfer to help you start a little nest egg.
There’s no need to carry cash when you have a MemberCard Debit Card or Global Payment MasterCard card. With these products, you can make purchases wherever the Interac Direct Payment logo or MasterCard logo is displayed.
Horizon ICU Services
The Horizon Inter-Credit Union Service (ICU) is our convenient banking product that allows participating credit unions to track banking information and perform member transactions for members who do banking at other participating credit unions. In Atlantic Canada alone there are 52 credit unions and 138 branches in Atlantic Canada, who are committed to providing you with the convenience of member service when you can't visit your home branch.
- Deposit cash, cheques, and other negotiable orders to your account
- Transfer funds using a withdrawal/deposit transaction
- Obtain the available balance of your account
- Withdraw funds in cash from your account (up to your set daily limits)
Interac e-Transfer allows members to email or text money to anyone with an email address or mobile phone number and bank account in Canada without sharing any personal or financial information. It is a great alternative to cheques and cash.
Interac e-Transfers are a simply, convenient and secure way to send and receive money from one bank account to another. All you need is access to online banking or mobile banking through your financial institution.
- To start, login to your ERCU online banking account, and click the Transfer Money tab. On the left menu you will see a link to "Send e-Transfer". Follow the instructions to complete your transfer.
- Members can use Interac e-Transfer to send up to $3,000 per transaction, $10,000 per week and $20,000 per month to other people.
- For pricing information, click here.
- For additional information on the security and capabilities of Interac e-Transfer, click here to read more.
Mobile Web Banking
What is Mobile Web Banking?
When you log on to the Eagle River Credit Union website (www.eaglerivercu.com) from a smart phone, Blackberry or iPhone, you will see a prompt at the top of the screen where you can select the mobile optimized version of the website. When you select this option, a new page appears, without graphics.
Our optimized site allows users to access site information with a much faster load time. Also, with larger font, you can now login to your online banking site and complete your financial transactions more quickly and easily... which is something that is extra important when you are banking on the go.
Mobile Web Banking does not require downloading an app, which means it is accessible on any mobile phone with internet browsing capability, and best of all - it is free for all ERCU members.
Click here for more details on the security and capabilities of this service!
For those members with mobile phones without internet browsing capabilities, banking information is still easily accessible. With Mobile Text, members can send a text message to 666-39 (M-O-N-E-Y), to receive real-time balance information or review recent transactions. This service is great for people on the move. When you cannot access a computer to view your online banking, you can still receive your real-time account balance or review recent transactions to help you make financial decisions while on the go.
To subscribe to Mobile Text, simply login to your online banking account and click on the "Go Mobile" image on the bottom left of the screen. You will need to have your cell phone with you to complete the set-up.
Reconcile your monthly statements quickly and conveniently with all your monthly transactions at your fingertips. No paper is required!
Simply login to online banking, click on the Electronic Statements link on the left menu, and indicate the date you would like to view.
Why choose an e-Statement instead of receive a paper statement?
- E-Statements are available by the tenth business day of the new month - often several days earlier than paper statements arrive in the mail.
- There is often no need to print an e-statement. Reconciliation can be done upon viewing, or you can download and save it on your computer for future reference.
- Seven years of e-statements are saved and accessible for you from your online banking. There is no space required in your filing cabinet, and you can access the information wherever you might access online banking.
- There are a number of environmental reasons for choosing e-statements over paper. There is a considerable amount of paper, ink, and postage involved in physical mailing. Choosing e-options whenever possible can reduce your carbon footprint.
Eagle River Credit Union is committed to providing you with the most up-to-date electronic services to make your daily banking experience efficient and easy, no matter where you are.
In addition to these electronic services, members may also choose a YOUR Chequing Electronic account which is intended for those members who enjoy doing their banking electronically, or who do not live near an ERCU branch location. This account offers cost savings to members who do mostly electronic transactions (using cards, automated funds transfers, pre-authorized payments, direct deposits, etc.)
Banking electronically is easier than ever with such a great selection of electronic products and services. Contact your local branch for more information.